Tuesday, October 9, 2007

stewp

After the holiday weekend I was sent home with another huge butternut squash (see my earlier recipe for ginger squash soup here). I'm running low on the squash soup I made a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to make some more this afternoon when I had some free time. (Oh, the joys of being self-employed!)

This time I didn't used any seasoning other than salt, and the soup had the most amazingly pure squash taste.

1 HUGE butternut squash
1 large sweet onion
1/4 cup olive oil
salt to taste

I also used Italian sea salt this time, and I loved the lightness of its salty flavour. I sealed most of the soup in jars, but for my late lunch/early supper I prepared a bowl of the basic squash soup with some leftover green peas and mashed potatoes. The potatoes gave it a lovely, thick consistency which was almost like stew, but not quite.

(Stewp, if you will... )

1 serving squash soup
1/2 cup cooked peas
1/4 cup cooked mashed potatoes
dash of salt

No comments: