Thursday, October 11, 2007

goodfellow's tree-kangaroo

I may spend too much time online.

I Googled my last name early this morning (I couldn't sleep and was randomly surfing online). On something like the 20th page of search results (yes, I actually read through the previous 19 pages!), I found mention of an animal called Goodfellow's Tree-kangaroo.

There's an animal named after us! Who knew?

Kind of cute, huh? Apparently they live in Papua, New Guinea. In trees.

(And I love the taxonomy: Dendrolagus goodfellowi. That's goodfellow with an 'i' on the end. Makes me laugh just to say it out loud. Let me rename myself: homo sapiens goodfellowi...)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is one cute little creature, Michelle.

Laurie said...

Ooh, I want something cute named after me, too. Bursch's pocket squirrel, or something. Wait, that sounds rude.