Monday, September 17, 2007

the kindness of strangers

I genuinely expect tiny miracles to manifest themselves in my life daily. (It's always lovely when external circumstances actually coincide with that dream.)

This past summer, one of other tenants on my floor asked if I'd like to use her parking spot for four weeks while she was away on a road trip. Her offer was a boon to me, as you'll appreciate if you've already read this earlier post.

For four weeks I didn't have to do the car shuffle! I was in heaven. Every single day, as I parked my car in her spot, I told myself that I was the luckiest person in the world.

Turns out I don't have long to wait (13 days!) until I finally have a spot of my own on the building property. But in the meantime, until September ends, I'm still doing the shuffle...

This morning as I turned my car around to head over to the street a block away where I can park all morning, this same tenant (my parking angel) stopped me on her way to her own car, and asked if I wanted to park in her spot while she was away at work.

Yes!

(It also meant I didn't have to drive into the rising sun with a foggy windshield. You know it's fall when... your windows are covered with too much wet every morning.)

No comments: