I first posted this true story on Facebook. My status update that day read:
Michelle is cleaning up a royal mess after doing something UNBELIEVABLY STUPID involving a stovetop and some raw eggs.
So, the story.
Okay... so I wanted to hardboil some eggs, and I set everything up the way I always do: filled a pot with water, put it on the burner, put the lid on, turned on the burner...
I also put four eggs on another burner, ready to add to the water once it was boiling. I like putting the eggs on a burner—that way they don't roll all over the place.
Can you see where this is going? Yup, I turned on the wrong burner. *$&#*!!!
I was working at the computer and smelled a burning smell, but figured it was just an old spill on the burner under the pot of water, and would burn off quickly.
Then I heard a loud POP, and ran to the kitchen in a panic, afraid that something had exploded and my stove was on fire. Something had exploded all right—one of the eggs, sitting on top of a fiery-hot burner! The other three eggs also proceeded to explode.
(Sigh)
You know that really vile smell that burning eggs make? That's what my apartment smelled like. And I don't have a stovetop fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment