Sunday, October 4, 2009

weight loss


A friend asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight. I don't own a scale, and until I went to the doctor's for the first time in two-and-a-half years recently, I had no idea how much I weighed. But yes, I was aware that I'd lost some weight. I had to go out and buy a lot of new (well, new to me) clothes when I got my current job back in May, and even those are starting to get a little loose.

I'm not losing weight on purpose. I just changed my diet to try and help the severe pelvic pain I was experiencing with every period. Cut out dairy, eggs, wheat and finally, refined sugar. Funny how not eating a white chocolate bar every day can have an effect on your weight.

But it wasn't until I was looking through some old photographs from a year ago that it really hit home - I am definitely thinner. I never had a problem with the way I looked before - I was happy with my curves (especially breasts the size of canteloupes). Things are a little, um, deflated now.

Above is a photo of me from last September, right around the time I got my new camera. In fact, at first I wondered why there were all those lines across my face, and then I remembered that, after I dropped my original camera, the photos got all messed up.

Below is a photo of me taken a couple of days ago. That's all.


No comments: