Sunday, September 6, 2009

ktnz on ktchn kntrz


For as long as I've had my kittens (about 2 1/2 months now), there have been horizontal surfaces that I was reasonably certain the animals could not reach, and upon which I could therefore put anything I did not want the cats to get into.

This weekend, my most crucial cat-free space - the kitchen counter - has been breached.



Here is Baby Guy on one end of the counter. Notice he can't even look me in the eye.



Stealth mission: Passing through the dish rack. Remind me never to leave anything breakable on this thing. Ever. Again.



"Houston, we have reached the sink."



Temporary descent into the sink. Oh - and if you are ever invited to be a guest in my house in the future? Be aware that I take no responsibility whatsoever for any paw-borne illnesses you may contract as a result of these guys walking all over my food preparation and clean-up area. Just saying.



Ascent from the sink.



All the interesting stuff lies ahead.



I'm not sure what's so un-cat-smelling about one of my wooden spatulas, but both cats had to rub it with the sides of their heads. "Mine."

No comments: